Introduction to the Toolkit
What exactly is the M-Easy Toolkit?
The e-Toolkit for Adult Educators is one of the results of the cooperative activities of the partners of the EU Erasmus+ project M-EASY “Improving the Integration of low-skilled Adults through Developing Mathematical Skills and Community Support”.
For more information about this project go to http://measy.lpf.lt/about.html.
The M-Easy e-Toolkit aims to facilitate the organization of a training course “M-EASY-Mathematics is Easy “ to develop basic mathematical skills among low-skilled adults.
This training course is available at http://measy.lpf.lt/tc_learner_part.html
The open online M-Easy training course is designed to provide learners with a means to test and develop their mathematical skills in order to apply them in real-life context. It is oriented to develop 27 defined mathematical skills, as most important for low-skilled adults, in order to operate with the different life-oriented situations.
List of Mathematical Skills that users will work on in the M-Easy training course:
|List of Mathematical Skills||1.||Perform addition|
|6.||Understand different measuring systems|
|7.||Work with different measures|
|8.||Operate with whole numbers|
|9.||Recognise different geometrical shapes: rectangle, square, triangle, circle, pyramid, cuboid, cube, sphere|
|10.||Calculate perimeter of rectangle, square, triangle|
|11.||Calculate perimeter of circle|
|12.||Calculate area of rectangle & square|
|13.||Calculate area of triangle|
|14.||Calculate area of circle|
|15.||Calculate volume of cuboid & cube|
|16.||Calculate volume of cylinder|
|17.||Calculate volume of sphere|
|18.||Calculate volume of pyramid|
|19.||Operate with fractions|
|20.||Operate with decimal fractions|
|22.||Compare numbers (<,>)|
|23.||Understand analogue clock|
|25.||Calculate square numbers|
|26.||Calculate square roots|
|27.||Extrapolation of data from charts, statistics|
The development of the training course started with the “Needs analysis for upgrading learner’s basic mathematical skills”. It is recommended that adult educators get acquainted with the main findings of the M-Easy report available at http://measy.lpf.lt/uploads/M-Easy_O1-A1_state_of_art_report.pdf
Why should I use the M-Easy Toolkit?
The M-Easy Toolkit assists in developing general and specific competences of adult educators in order to be prepared for conducting the M-EASY training course.
General competences include:
- Digital competence with especial emphasis to develop the soft skills in using the mobile applications (Apps) and Internet-based open educational resource to apply for training of low-skilled learners.
- Social competences particularly to work effectively and constructively with low-skilled adults, including refugees, asylum seekers, migrants.
Specific competences include:
- Competence on being facilitators for developing skills for mathematic competence of the low-skilled;
- Competence on assessment and validation of informal and non-formal learning;
- Competence on using reversed training methodology and flipped learning method to ensure the participatory approach for the low-skilled;
- Competence in effective applying experiential training of mathematical skills based on problem-oriented learning and reflections.
How is the M-Easy Toolkit divided?
The M-Easy Toolkit is as Open Educational Resource, which adult educators can individually approach, consisting of a set of 5 learning modules:
- Open and innovative digital era Mobile applications (Apps) methodology for better outreach of the low-skilled learners.
- Assessment and monitoring tools to facilitate validation process of the obtained within ‘M-Easy’ training course skills and competences.
- Methodology and lessons plan for training course ‘M-Easy’.
- Guide on how to work with problem-solving Mobile Apps on developing mathematical skills.
- Effective learner-oriented educational approaches for low-skilled adults, including refugees, asylum seekers, migrants
Which is the first step to start exploring the M-Easy Toolkit?
Choose the module you want to start with and benefit from using the M-Easy Toolkit!
However, in order to enrich your training experience, a recommendation is exploring all Modules in the sequence suggested in the e-platform.